Friday, January 6, 2012

Splits





Last year I had two New Year's Resolutions:


1. Help clean dishes after dinner at our family gatherings (instead of watching my mom, aunt, sisters, and cousins do it while I drink my wine/coffee)


2. Stretch daily until I can do a split



It's 2012 and I still cannot do a split and I really enjoyed watching my family clean dishes while I drank my wine over the holidays. Whoops.

Seems as though I blog like I resolute (even though that isn't really a word). I was hoping this blogging would beam me to the beach in my whites and khakis with my perfect family and provide an organic garden, amazing crafting opportunities, tasty recipes, fine home furnishings and a kick ass camera but instead my life stayed normal. I've been drinking my wine and watching bad TV (and my relatives clean) instead of writing (or stretching).


On January 1st I resoluted to write and blog regularly. We'll see how it goes.


Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Leigh, your normality makes me laugh. But I suppose that's where real humor originates - from what everyone else can relate to. Good luck with your resoluting. Happy new year!

    Lee Holladay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha amen! I've always said in my other life I could do a round off cartwheel and a full split. I too tried stretching for a year or maybe more but I just dont split. Sigh. Happy new year friend!

    ReplyDelete